Sunday, June 6, 2010

Guess who found out how to add videos to her blog? :)

Here are some that I've taken in Melaka and Indonesia already.  Enjoy!

This video was taken on Jonker Walk, the street in Melaka where the night life gets off the chain!!  Worst karaoke I've ever seen in my life, and I'm a girl who has seen a lot of bad karaoke. I mean, I do live in Asia, after all.

Ah, this was a lovely morning.  This is how I was woken up at about 5am by the MANY mosques of Bukittinggi singing the call to prayer at 5am.  I had a hard enough time making it to church at 9:30, so this is just another reason I'm not a Muslim.  And of course it features my ridiculously insightful, half-asleep commentary at the end.

Another video from Bukittinggi, from a much more enjoyable time than the first one.  This is part of our ride to Danau Maninjau (Lake Maninjau) and the Indian Ocean, although it's not overly imressive because this was one of the rather tame stretches of road.  This is most definitely not where I crashed; I at least saved that for a genuinely difficult/dangerous road. 

And finally, one little taste of the videos I just added to my India blog.  I didn't know how to add videos back in December, but since I do now, they're ready for you!  This one is a little taste of the show at the India/Pakistan border, where the guards of the two countries try to out-swagger one another.  It's a good thing I went when I did, though, because the guards are now complaining of knee problems so they're going to tone the show down!  Read more here if you're interested.

0 comments:

Post a Comment