Monday, June 7, 2010

This is not how I wanted to feel on this trip

Okay, one last thing before bed.  This is really, really annoying: I've been in some kind of a funk for the last couple of weeks. I have zero energy. I want to sleep all of the time and I'm just not excited to get out and see everything like I was in India. Unfortunately, this is having a negative effect on other things. Reading over my blog posts they seem really boring and colorless. Also, it looks like a 10 year-old has been taking all of my photos. They aren't framed properly, I'm missing angles, I'm not zoomed in well enough, and there's about a hundred shots that I should have taken but just didn't.

Have I lost my passion for traveling or am I just exhausted from school? Maybe I needed more of an actual break where I did nothing before I started traveling again. This isn't exactly the most restful way to spend my holiday, so maybe I'm just burning myself out faster by not just spending a week in Bali. It's hard to say.

All I can say is that I'm sorry that the annals of my most recent trips have been so lame. I'm off to go take a bucket shower with freezing cold water to see if I can wake myself back up and shock myself into. Just don't think about how clean this water may or may not be, Lauren...

0 comments:

Post a Comment