Monday, November 1, 2010

To Do/To Pack

Damn, it is TIME CONSUMING to plan something like this!  I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed just by figuring out the plan for Australia alone!  Of course, with mom always on my back about 'Have we got this?  Have you booked that?' it's more pressure than I've ever put on myself, anyway.  I don't think mom would be able to stand traveling with me for longer than 2 weeks, especially since our ideas of a "budget hotel" seem to be drastically different, and I rarely book mine in advance.

Some of my preparations:
--Check on visa requirements in each country
--Buy equipment/supplies I don't already have
--Copy travel guides from the library so I don't have to buy them
--Compare rental cars, flights, and cars for sale in Australia
--Book hotel rooms in Tasmania and Sydney
--Find CouchSurfers willing to host mom and me and then just me on my own
--Clean out my room and meet with the agent to do inspections
--Finish preparing resources for next history teacher at school
--Clean school desk
--Write cards for teachers and friends
--Download any movies and music I want, back up my school and home laptop to external hard drive
--Communicate with Vital Co. about receipts and other finance issues
--Ship home things don't need on my trip and submit receipts to MOE
--Write letter to MOE officers about why I'm leaving and why I only know 1 foreign teacher interested in staying
--PACK!!!
Okay, I'm cutting it off here, but this is a little over half of the items on my to-do list.  :(

And just to give you a peek into my bags, here's part of my packing list:
--Chain and padlock, small padlocks for zippers
--Mosquito net
--PADI diving manual and diving log
--Laptop, point and shoot camera, DSLR camera and chargers and computer cables for all
--Pack of cards, books on my computer
--Various medicine including cold/sinus relief, anti-nausea, anti-diarrhea, Immodium, rehydration salts, allergy tablets, pain killers, etc.
--Water purifying tablets
--Clothing that I don't mind getting wet/dirty/sweaty/ripped/lost/stolen/etc
--Southeast Asia on a Shoestring guide book, notebook and pens
--Rain cover for bags and a poncho
--Adapters
--Sunglasses, bandanas, scarves, shawls, a little bit of jewelry, etc.
--Waterless laundry detergant
--iPod and headphones
--Bikini and beach towel (of course!)

I can't wait to show you all a picture of my pack--it's quite cool looking when it's all put together.  I am, however, quite certain that I'm going to get reallllly tired of wearing the same clothes for 7 months straight...

0 comments:

Post a Comment